Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year?

Would it be considered un-American to say that January is my least favorite month of the year? You hear people speak of excitement for a new year--clean slate, new opportunities, excitement of what is to come, etc..... I am so NOT a goal setter. Organized, yes. Planner, no.

January is just a long, cold month to me. Holiday excitement is over. The famous Utah winter inversion sets in, which brings haze and days where it's difficult to breathe outside. Football season is coming to a close. There's a time crunch to get W2s out on time and the new budget set up. Boy, I sound like Eeyore.

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore.
"However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Perhaps I should reread, Philippians 4:11 and practice being content whatever my circumstances. After all, God IS in control - even in the month of January.

1 comment:

Penny said...

You're so funny...you're nothing like Eeyore! I think taking my decorations down is part of my surrender to January so I put it off. Can't argue with the inversions in UT. Go ahead and dislike January...we all have something. =) love ya!