Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Maybe tomorrow......


Raise your hand if you procrastinate. I KNEW I wasn't alone!! It's true, I work better under pressure. But, that is probably because I put things off until I have no choice. The worst is when I put off a project or task because I think it's going to be difficult.

It gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger while I continue to do nothing. Instead of getting the task done, I worry over it for days before even beginning. Nine times out of ten, the task isn't nearly as hard as I imagined. So, I've wasted time, stressed for no reason, and still have to work under pressure. You'd think I would know better after 57 years. Obviously, this old dog isn't learning any new tricks.

Perhaps I should heed these words from Matthew 6:34, "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." (The Message)

Easier said than done, though.

2 comments:

Lindsay Marie said...

Best part about this post is that in writing this blog post, you're procrastinating. Love it.

PS - your blog background isn't showing up anymore. Perhaps the image was removed from the website where you first found it? Time for a new background choice!

Debbie said...

I'll have you know that I worthe the blog AFTER I finished work. Well, some work anyway. :) Weird. It shows up when I log in. Technology!