Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Tommy sent me roses--and chocolates--for Valentine's Day! They were delivered yesterday afternoon. I didn't get home from a day of errands and movies until 8:30. Good thing the roses were boxed, or I'd have had frozen ones. :-)

Tommy is the sweetest Valentine ever. And the love of my life. As a teenager, I knew that I wanted to marry a man who was a Christian and loved the Lord. God answered that prayer. Tommy and I met on a mission trip to McAllen, Texas, the summer before my sophomore year in high school. We were friends for two years, dated exclusively for four years, and will celebrate our 34th anniversary in May.

Through all the ups and downs in those 40 years, Tommy has been my rock. He is a man of God, and the spiritual leader of our home. Both of our children asked Jesus into their hearts while praying beside their dad (while I watched and cried in the hallway). He is a gifted teacher, respected leader, mentor, and friend. What a blessing to share my life with such a man.

The gifts were especially sweet, because they were so unexpected. We don't always go all out for Valentine's Day. Sometimes we don't even exchange cards. But I am very sure of Tommy's love for me as he is mine for him. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day no matter how you celebrate.

And, don't forget to celebrate the greatest love of all. John 3:16 reminds us that God loved us enough to sacrifice His only Son so that we might have eternal life with Him! Love doesn't get any better than that.

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

Debbie as wonderful of a man as you have is Tom (and he is a wonderful guy) he has a beautiful and wonderful woman in you! He is as blessed as you!
You two are two very special people. I am glad God placed you guys in our lives!